About Us – Kanu Kapers
Established in 2002, Kanu Kapers Australia is Family owned and passionately operated by local Australian, World Champion gold medal kayaker Vivienne Golding and adventurer partner Kym McGregor. Kanu Kapers Australia provides sustainable guided and self-guided Noosa everglades kayak adventures. We love nature and are blessed to work in such a pristine location. The Noosa Everglades are ecologically delicate so we custom designed each expedition sea kayak with a long water line and rudders allowing you to explore the full everglades system under your own paddle power. Bursting with rare plant and animal species this magical area identified as one of the most pristine wetlands in the world is best explored by kayak for minimum impact and maximum kayak cruising pleasure and wildlife experiences. All you hear is the sound of your paddle gliding through the water and the amazing bird song.
Our aim is to provide a unique and awe-inspiring experience to people of all ages whilst promoting love and respect for nature and preserving the Noosa Everglades for future generations to enjoy.
Kanu Kapers is based in Boreen Point on the shores of the Noosa River system in the heart of the magnificent sun drenched beaches of the Sunshine Coast in Queensland Australia a mecca for kayaking and canoeing adventures.
- We use comfortable, locally handcrafted sea kayaks, professional eco guides and fresh locally sourced food.
- All of our tours depart from the Elanda Point, Great Sandy National Park Noosa Everglades Kayak and Canoe Launch area.
- We are proud to have won 2018 and 2019 Best Eco Tour Australia and New Zealand
- We have partnered with Plastic Free Noosa and eliminated all single Use Plastics from our tours
- We hold Advanced Eco Accreditation
- All guests can offset their carbon by donating to our partners the Queensland Koala Crusaders-which assists to build local wildlife corridors
- No chemicals are used on our tours or in our business
- We have a rigorous recycling program, including containers for change, scrunchy plastics and compost for fruit and veggie scraps
The Kanu Kapers Team are all highly skilled outdoor group facilitators. Our team development facilitators and coaches have many years of experience as therapists and organisational consultants. Each of our outdoor instructors is expert in his/her field, whether it be kayaking, white water rafting, ropes adventure courses, abseiling or rock climbing. Explore our Noosa everglades kayak adventures today.
Kym is one of Australia`s leading personal development speakers and trainers. She is a skilled Psychotherapist, Coach and Group Facilitator having worked and taught her practical and transformational ideas across Australia and Internationally. Kym`s passion is helping people improve awareness, break patterns and live a happy life pursuing their true purpose, dreams and goals.
Kym holds a Bachelor of Social Work and Masters in Gestalt Therapy and has trained as a life and corporate coach. She has also trained in Narrative Therapy, Transactional Analysis and Neuro Linguistic Programming. Kym`s broad skills, down to earth nature and inspiring personality make her popular as a trainer and facilitator. Her creative and practical ideas have helped small business and large corporate organisations improve staff engagement, workplace productivity, leadership ability and workplace happiness.
Kym`s versatility allows her to work with children, young people, and adults in groups and one on one offering her life changing coaching and therapy. She has worked in the Community Services, Government, Tertiary Education and Business Sectors giving her a wealth of experience to apply in her Team Development Programs.