Ecotourism is our Passion!
We acknowledge the Kabi Kabi Traditional Custodians who have provided us with cultural knowledge and collective memories of the Noosa River and Lakes region. According to Kabi Law our responsibility is to maintain the eco system and its flora and fauna. As we travel this land, river and lake system we have a responsibility to protect our bio network which ensures our long term survival. This is our promise!
At Kanu Kapers Australia we are passionate about environmental sustainability and eco tourism. We are blessed to be able to operate our tours and share this absolutely pristine wetland with our guests from all over the world. Eco Tourism Australia have granted us Advanced Ecotourism Certification and in addition we have the following Eco credentials and initiatives within our company:
- We use comfortable, locally handcrafted sea kayaks, professional eco guides and fresh locally sourced food.
- We are proud to have won 2018 Best Eco Tour Australia and New Zealand
- We have partnered with Plastic Free Noosa and eliminated all single Use Plastics from our tours
- We hold Advanced Eco Accreditation
- All guests can offset their carbon by donating to our partners the Queensland Koala Crusaders-which assists to build local wildlife corridors
- No chemicals are used on our tours or in our business
- We have a rigorous recycling program, including containers for change, scrunchy plastics and compost for fruit and veggie scraps
- Our power is supplied by Australia’s greenest carbon neutral power company Powershop