Ecotourism at Kanu Kapers
Our Respectful Promise
We acknowledge the Kabi Kabi Traditional Custodians who have provided us with cultural knowledge and collective memories of the Noosa River and lakes region. According to Kabi Law, our responsibility is to maintain the ecosystem and its’ abundant flora and fauna. Ecotourism is at the heart of what we do.
As we travel through this precious water wilderness, our promise is to protect it and ensure it survives as a healthy biosphere, so that future generations will be able to enjoy the Noosa Everglades’ magic too.
We are passionate about environmental sustainability and eco-tourism and aim to minimise our impact on climate change. We are working towards becoming carbon neutral and are almost there. As we do not operate any motorised boats, we are able to share this absolutely pristine wetland without polluting it with carbon from fossil fuels.
‘Truly’ Sustainable Noosa Everglades
We operate truly sustainable Noosa Everglades ecotours and take the following action to protect the environment:
- We are respectful of the cultural importance to Aboriginal People
- We do not use noisy, polluting motors that disturb the delicate ecosystem
- We educate guests about ecotourism and to ‘leave no trace’
- Carbon offset scheme for clients, raising money for koala habitat
- Plastic Free Noosa Champions – we’ve eliminated single-use plastics
- Noosa Biosphere Partners
- We have a Refuse-Reuse-Recycle policy to reduce waste
- We ask guests to sort their waste into labeled containers
- We Red Cycle soft plastics
- We are family owned and operated
- We are professional guides who care for the environment
- We purchase local food & employ local staff whenever possible
- We use carbon-neutral electricity
- We use locally handcrafted sea kayaks
- We compost our food scraps – and grow vegetables from the compost!
- We have a policy to mend rather than throw out
- We partner with environmentally conscious businesses
- We use natural, plant-based cleaning products
- We recycle stationery & ink cartridges
Ecotourism Australia – Review 2023
“Kanu Kapers is an excellent example of an ecotourism business with a small footprint and a
big heart. Their no-impact tours leave no trace on the near pristine Noosa Everglades
environment in which they operate, but the tours leave an indelible impression on their guests.
Guest reviews consistently mention the awe-inspiring environment and the wonderful and
passionate team of guides. With 442 5* reviews out of 490 on Trip Advisor, the customer
service ethic of the business is second to none.
The big heart of the business shines through in their support for local conservation efforts
including Koala Crusaders, Australian Wildlife Conservancy and FAME, and their continued
conservation efforts to protect the delicate Everglades ecosystem in which they operate”.