Ecotourism is our Passion!
We acknowledge the Kabi Kabi Traditional Custodians who have provided us with cultural knowledge and collective memories of the Noosa River and Lakes region. According to Kabi Law our responsibility is to maintain the eco system and its flora and fauna. As we travel this land, river and lake system we have a responsibility to protect our bio network which ensures our long term survival. This is our promise!
Sustainable & Respectful Tourism
We are passionate about environmental sustainability and eco tourism and aim to minimise our impact on climate change. As we do not operate any motorised boats, we are able to share this absolutely pristine wetland without harming it.
Sustainability runs in our veins and we provide locally sourced, unwrapped produce wherever possible, red-cycle all soft plastics, and encourage guests to sort recycling in labelled bins, wash and reuse crockery and cutlery and refill water bottles instead of using plastic.
- Respectful of the cultural importance of the Everglades to Aboriginal People
- No noisy, polluting motors disturbing the delicate ecosystem
- Educate guests to ‘tread lightly’ and ‘leave no trace’– this place is precious
- Carbon offset scheme for travel to us, raising money for koala habitat
- Family owned and operated
- Professional guides who care for the environment
- Purchase local food & employ local staff whenever possible
- Aiming for zero carbon impact – sustainable electricity, water etc.
- Locally handcrafted sea kayaks
- Food scraps composted
- Policy to mend rather than throw out
- Partner environmentally conscious businesses
- Natural, plant-based cleaning products
- Recycle stationary & ink cartridges
Eco Tourism Awards & Accreditations
- Winner Adventure Tourism Award for Eco Tourism 2018 & 19
- Plastic Free Noosa Champion
- Advanced Ecotourism Accreditation
- Noosa Biosphere Partner