Explore the beauty of nature with our award-winning company
We are the leading provider of Sustainable Tourism in Noosa
|PREMIUM SEA KAYAKS
Fast, stable and designed to paddle and enjoy the Everglades
|ESTABLISHED IN 2002
Owned and operated by World Champion kayaker Vivienne Golding.
8.30am to 3.00pm
- Our most popular day tour!
- This remarkable truly sustainable adventure in the Noosa Everglades.
- Includes professional guide, all equipment, a delicious and hearty brunch
- Come and enjoy an unforgettable experience.
8.30am to 3.00pm
- Visit secluded locations by sea kayak and truly experience the natural beauty and wildlife in a relaxed quiet setting.
- Receive full guidance on paddling techniques and get navigational information highlighting the ‘must see’ features to explore during your Everglades adventure.
8.30am to 1.30pm
- This guided tour is specially designed for families with small children up to 10 years.
- Includes Kayaking and Safety Equipment, Professional Tour Guide, hearty and delicious brunch and a true kayaking adventure!
- A fun day out with the family!
8.30am to 3.00pm day three
- A three-day self-guided kayak tour with camping equipment provided.
- The tour includes kayak rental, safety and paddling instructions
- Perfect way to explore the unique ecosystem of the Everglades, including its diverse flora and fauna.
Discover Australia’s Noosa Everglades – One of just two Everglades in the world!
Established in 2002, Kanu Kapers offers sustainable guided and self-guided kayak adventures into the Noosa Everglades, led by local Australian World Champion gold medal kayaker, Vivienne Golding, and adventurer partner Kym McGregor.
Join us for an unforgettable water wilderness experience as you kayak with sea eagles, marvel at stunning scenery, and take a refreshing dip in the healing tea tree infused waters of the Noosa Everglades. Our tours cater to all ages and abilities, providing a unique and memorable adventure while preserving the natural wonder of the Noosa Everglades, home to rare wildlife and 44% of Australia’s birdlife.
Kanu Kapers is committed to providing access to all. We will always do our utmost to accommodate people who require additional assistance and are familiar with accommodating guests with individual needs.
All activities take place within a national park, so we are unable to make significant changes to the environment. However, we will work with guests and carers to seek solutions that make it possible for everyone to take part in our tours.
- Experience one of just two Everglades in the world!
- Award winning – family owned – sustainable tourism
- Stunning panoramic views
- Abundant rare wildlife
- Sub-tropical tea tree rainforest
- River of Mirrors
- Swim in therapeutic fresh waters
- Top of the range, sleek kayaks
- Professional guides who truly care for the environment
- Carbon offset scheme for guests – planting trees for koalas
- No noisy, polluting motors – we leave only ripples
From our blog
The Noosa Everglades, nestled within the Great Sandy National Park in Queensland, Australia, offer a mesmerizing labyrinth of waterways, teeming with wildlife and surrounded by lush vegetation.
Kayaking through this pristine wilderness is an adventure like no other, promising serenity and awe-inspiring beauty at every turn. But for those planning to embark on this journey, a common question arises: How long does it take to kayak the Noosa Everglades?
If you’re seeking an educational or school camp experience that stands out from the rest, young people will have a unique and truly sustainable experience with Kanu Kapers.
The Noosa Everglades feel like they are a million miles away from anywhere but the stunning region is actually located just a short drive from Noosa and a ninety minute drive from Queensland's bustling capital city, Brisbane. There's even an airport nearby with...
Learn more about the Noosa Everglades
Hidden within the Cooloola section of the Great Sandy National Park is one of the Sunshine Coast’s best kept paddling secrets, the Noosa Everglades. Best explored by canoe or kayak, the upper reaches of the Noosa River and the Everglades represent an ancient waterway that has existed unchanged for thousands of years. Kanu Kapers Noosa Everglades kayak tours take you into the heart of this spectacular wilderness.
The Noosa Everglades are situated within Noosa Biosphere, Queensland’s first UNESCO Biosphere promoting harmony between people and nature through education, conservation and sustainable activities. The Noosa Biosphere Reserve encompasses 150,000 hectares of land and sea in which you can investigate the diversity of our eco-systems and culture. A wetland of international importance, it is the only river system in Australia that has its entire upper catchment protected in National Park.
Thank you once again for a great trip! I have just completed a positive review on Travel Advisor. Overall, I would give our trip a 10. The only thing that would have made it better is if we had opted to stay for two nights instead of one!
Thank you for everything!
We think that the tour was a 10 out of 10 and we cannot think of anything that could be improved. And we would definitely recommend it to friends and our family. Thank you for the great tour!
Finn, Leon and Fabio
Thank you very much for the photos. It is nice redoing a very nice day - even if only virtually. It was really great standing out as one of the great thing we experienced in Australia. Thanks to Rikki for excellent guiding, food and everything. I have already recommended to several people - now only we need to see if they get to the Noosa corner of the world.
Just to inform you that we received our photos last week which were excellent. My family and I had a terrific time in what it is a world class location, and breathtaking views. I have spoken to a number of my colleagues and have recommended that they undertake this marvelous trip.
Thanks again for the great day. We all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The scenery was wonderful and we were so very lucky with the day, and of course, the guide! I have already recommended the trip to friends who are going up to Noosa
Libby, Matthew, Jono & Hugh