2 Day Noosa Everglades Self-Guided Kayak Tour
Experience the freedom and exhilaration of being in charge of your own truly sustainable kayak adventure. Go where you want, with who you want, at your own pace and decide where you want to camp. An overnight adventure in the Noosa Everglades enables more time to explore and relax. Lead your own Australian kayak expedition into the remote wilderness of the Cooloola section of the Great Sandy National Park , 25 minutes North of Noosa on the Sunshine Coast. Camp in your own private camp site beside the pristine Upper Noosa River and marvel at the stars reflecting in the river as you sip your beverage of choice and enjoy your dinner.
Duration: 8.30 am – until – 3.00 pm Day Two
Inclusions: Sea Kayak, Kayaking and Safety Equipment, 30 litre esky, dry bag, camping gear, map and land mark orientation, professional tuition and an experience of a life time!
Highlights: Mill Point, Kinaba Information Centre, Noosa Everglades, Kin Kin Creek, Harry’s Hut. Camping in the Great Sandy National Park beside the Noosa River, swim in the tea coloured waters of Lake Cootharaba, explore at your own pace and experiencing the regions amazing flora and fauna.
Exclusions: Camping permit & fees; transportation
Itinerary: Meet at Elanda Point canoe launching area’s car park. On arrival you are given your equipment for the day, then down to the launch site and we settle you into your kayak, showing you the map and teaching you all the basic skills for an enjoyable paddle across Lake Cootharaba and into the upper Noosa River and Beyond.
Day One: Pack, paddle and set up camp then relax, explore and enjoy the serenity!
Day Two: Take in the breathtaking beauty of the early morning, be invigorated by a swim in the river then be mystified at every bend as you make your return journey to Elanda Point.
What to Bring and Wear
• All your food for 2 days- frozen blocks, food or ice for esky( cooler box)
• Water bottle and Water (2 litres/person/day – 2 x 5lt water casks( has bladders) available from supermarket is the most suitable)
• Wear shoes that can get wet – flip flops are fine
• Sun smart clothing (Rashie & board shorts- swim wear)
• Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
• Insect Repellent
• Clothes – Shorts, T shirts, long pants, warm jumper, thermal underwear, beanie- depending on weather
• Shoes & socks for walking
• Small day pack for the walk
• Wind proof jacket/rain coat
• Sleeping Bag, sheets & small pillow
• Torch & spare batteries
• Change of clothes and shoes to return home & towel
• Camera & mobile phone
• A sense of adventure & fun
What camping equipment we supply:
• 3 person tent
• Stove- has x2 small pots and small fry pan
• Sleeping Mat (similar to a yoga mat)
• Plates/bowls/mugs/ cutlery/ tongs
• Esky (cooler box) – frozen blocks and ice not included
• Dry bags
• Washing up equipment
• Sleeping bags are $10.00 to hire if needed.