3 Day Noosa Everglades Self-Guided Kayak Tour
This remarkable adventure offers a chance to visit secluded locations by kayak and truly experience the natural beauty and wildlife in a relaxed quiet setting, only 25 minutes North of Noosa on the Sunshine Coast. Your truly sustainable kayak expedition takes you into the remote wilderness of the Cooloola section of the Great Sandy National Park. Camp beside the pristine Upper Noosa River and experience the vastness of the Cooloola Sand patch. Walk a 3 hour return hike encompassing 360 views of the Noosa area.
Duration: 8.30 am – until – 3.00 pm Day Three
Inclusions: Sea Kayak, Kayaking and Safety Equipment, 30lt esky, dry bag, camping gear, Map and Land mark Orientation, Professional Tuition and an unforgettable experience!
Highlights: Mill Point, Kinaba Information Centre, Noosa Everglades, Kin Kin Creek, Harry’s Hut. Camping in the Great Sandy National Park beside the upper Noosa River, swim in the tannin coloured waters, explore at your own pace and experience the regions amazing flora and fauna. Enjoy your beverage of choice on your private jetty as you marvel at the stars as they are reflected in the river.
Exclusions: Camping Permit & Fees; transportation
Itinerary: Meet at Elanda Point canoe launching area’s car park. On arrival you are given your equipment for the day, then down to the launch site and we settle you into your kayak, showing you the map and teaching you all the basic skills for an enjoyable paddle adventure throughout the vast Noosa Everglades.
Day One: Pack, paddle and set up camp then relax, explore and enjoy the serenity!
Day Two: Paddle, walk and be awed by the Cooloola Sand Patch before returning to camp for a night under the stars.
Day Three: Be mystified at every bend as you make your return journey to Elanda Point.
What to Bring and Wear
• All your food for 3 days- frozen blocks, food or ice for esky( cooler box)
• Water bottle and Water (2 litres/person/day – 2 x 5lt water casks( has bladders) available from supermarket is the most suitable)
• Wear shoes that can get wet – flip flops are fine
• Sun smart clothing (Rashie & board shorts- swim wear)
• Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
• Insect Repellent
• Clothes – Shorts, T shirts, long pants, warm jumper, thermal underwear, beanie- depending on weather
• Shoes & socks for walking
• Small day pack for the walk
• Wind proof jacket/rain coat
• Sleeping Bag, sheets & small pillow
• Torch & lots of spare batteries
• Change of clothes and shoes to return home & towel
• Camera & mobile phone
• A sense of adventure & fun
What camping equipment we supply:
• 3 person tent
• Stove- has x2 small pots and small fry pan
• Sleeping Mat (similar to a yoga mat)
• Plates/bowls/mugs/ cutlery/ tongs
• Esky (cooler box) – frozen blocks and ice not included
• Dry bags
• Washing up equipment
• Sleeping bags are $10.00 to hire if needed.
Adult – $265 per person
Camping Permit & Fees $25pp