Established in 2002, Kanu Kapers Australia was a long held dream of founders Vivienne Golding and Kym McGregor to facilitate fun, safe and inspiring kayak and canoeing adventures. Kanu Kapers is based in Boreen Point on the shores of the Noosa River system in the heart of the magnificent sun drenched beaches of the Sunshine Coast in Queensland Australia a mecca for kayaking and canoeing adventures.
Vivienne is a former Australian Slalom White Water kayak and Canoe Champion with 35 years experience in guiding people on all types of paddling adventures including: white water canoe and kayak journeys throughout Australia, white water rafting adventures in Queensland and New South Wales and wilderness flat water kayak and canoe adventures for all people of all ages and abilities.
On a Kanu Kapers kayak or canoeing adventure you will experience:
• Staff and personnel that are experts in the field of kayak and canoeing facilitating a safe, fun and enjoyable journey for you, your family and friends
• You will enjoy kayak and canoeing equipment that provide you with a paddling experience that will be sleek, fast and secure, giving you confidence in the knowledge that you are using the most suitable craft for an unforgettable adventure
• Your guide will be a highly trained and experienced professional taking care of your safety and giving you tips and pointers so you can relax and be absorbed and mesmerised by your surrounds
• You will learn how to paddle your kayak or canoe like YOU are the professional
Join us today on a Noosa Everglades Guided or Self Guided Kayak Adventure
or a white water canoe journey!
Kanu Kapers Australia Partners with the Noosa Biosphere Limited
In October 2007 the then Noosa Shire which includes the Noosa Everglades was declared a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve.
What is a biosphere?
The global biosphere is a scientific term and includes all the parts of the land, sea, and atmosphere in which organisms are able to live. The Man and the Biosphere program is a UNESCO initiated international program that identifies different places in the world that have special environments, with a range of plants and animals. Biosphere reserves often have passionate communities LIKE NOOSA where people want to look after that environment and find ways to live in a sustainable manner. Biosphere reserves are established to promote a balanced relationship between humans and the environment.
What is a biosphere reserve?
• Biosphere reserves are sites that demonstrate innovative approaches to conservation and sustainable development. They share their experience and ideas regionally, nationally and internationally within a world network of biosphere reserves.
• Biosphere reserves go beyond confined protected areas to where sustainable economic development is made possible through partnerships with local people.
• Biosphere reserves are about developing quality economies based on local community action and entrepreneurship, sound science, public-private sector partnerships and networking.
• Biosphere reserves also provide living laboratories to experiment with and showcase various approaches to sustainable development that are culturally relevant to local communities.
The Noosa Biosphere is proactive in working with local and regional organisations towards the UNESCO Man and Biosphere objectives of conservation, sustainable development and education. The Partnership program recognises the working relationships with such organisations. On a KANU KAPERS tour the connection to nature and the natural environment is a high light of all kayak trips. Observing the flora and fauna from a self propelled kayak gives people a uniquely close experience, whilst they are contributing to the long term sustainability of this highly pristine area. At Kanu Kapers we are passionate about sharing an attitude that fosters the discovery and appreciation of the Noosa Biosphere Region.